Wednesday, February 28, 2018

It Was an Egg-cellent Day!

I introduced the incubator to the class yesterday. 

I asked the children what they thought we might put in it, and I heard one answer above the rest- "Easter eggs!" When I further questioned what might grow in Easter eggs if we placed them in the incubator, "jelly beans!" and "chocolate!" were excitedly called out. It was precious!

When I told them we were going to hatch baby chicks, I think they were just as excited!

Today, I brought in the eggs. They are many different colors- light blue, green, olive, brown- I can't wait to see what hatches!


I cracked one open so we could see the inside before the chick begins to grow. No baby chick yet- we are going to have to wait! We talked about the jobs the shell and the yolk have in the development of the chick.


And, we drew our observations of "Day 1" in our "Egg Observation Journals."






Stay tuned for more egg-citing updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment