Thursday, February 2, 2017

CSW - Celebrating Vocations

Today the children learned a bit about vocations. We looked at pictures of nuns and the habits they used to wear as I tried to help the little ones understand WHY we were wearing black and white today.
Each child drew a special picture card for a specific priest or sister to thank them for inspiring all of us to live our lives the way Jesus did and do good for others. 



For me, the sweetest part of this day was when the kids chose WHO they wanted to make a picture for. I gave them each a choice of two people by simply telling them the names. 
As they were playing during center time, the big question was... WHO did you draw a picture for?... 'I picked Sr. Pauline.' 'I chose Fr. Tom,' etc... It was as if the kids really knew these priests and sisters. The pictures were beautiful. They put a lot of love into their efforts... even my littles who don't love to draw:) The kids knew this was important and that the whole school was working on this project. We like to feel like big kids too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment