Tuesday, December 6, 2016

St. Nick Surprise

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there...

Today was one of those challenging days for me as a teacher. I had to be away from my kiddos!! The BEST part of my job is to bring magic into the walls of our classroom on a daily basis. This is my passion and what makes me tick. I thrive on seeing the big bright eyes of wonder and excitement in the children. 
When I found out I had a mandatory meeting to attend for one of the Archdiocese committees I serve on... Empowering Teacher Leaders... I was very bummed, to say the least.
How do I add magic when I can't be there and heaven forbid WHO will take pictures for me?!? (Thank you Mrs. Jordan!)
When the children returned from music class this morning, a special package was delivered to our class. Mrs. Hawkinson was so surprised and proceeded to open the package with the children. Rumor has it they were quite intrigued.
Inside the box was a special letter from St. Nicholas hidden inside a flurry of red and green crinkles, along with a few trinkets to add a splash of joy to the day.
The kiddos couldn't wait to find their hand-made stocking to attach their treats too.
What a fun day! Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow:)
Thank you to all who covered for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment